took a walk around downtown brooklyn right as it started to rain. i took the long way home and thought it necessary to stop by the espo garage takeover.
HOW TO FEEL MISERABLE AS AN ARTIST
1. Constantly compare yourself to other artists
2. Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on
3. Base the success of your entire career on one project
4. Stick with what you know
5. Undervalue your expertise
6. Let money dictate what you do
7. Bow to societal pressures
8. Only do work that your family would love
9. Do whatever the client/ customer/ gallery owner/ patron/ investor asks
10. Set unachievable/ overwhelming goals. To be accomplished by tomorrow.